- Push customers to use the full capacity of features proposed by mobile and online banking
- Create a fun and innovative way to interact with customers
- Collect information about users tastes and optimize mobile and online interfaces
- BBVA Game was born as an attempt to take advantage of game mechanics to enhance the use of traditional online banking.
- Accessible through BBVA customers through their website, the game is made up of challenges like:
- Watching videos about financial education
- Using the bank’s mobile app
- Making simple banking transactions
- Participating to a quizz where users rate the game
- Players earn points and medals that can be used to participate to a sweepstakes to win prizes such as tickets to Spanish soccer games.
- BBVA game is a customer driven platform where customers chose new challenges and rewards. Game user behavior is tracked using web analytics and user’s feedback are gathered to improve the game.
- BBVA game brought positive feedbacks to the bank, arguing that the game was “addictive”ans the website interesting. BBVA game reached 100 000 active players six months after its launch and obtained a Banking innovation award in 2013
- This Youtube video shows BBVA Game (in spanish only)