- Reasons for the success:
- It is a well known player in the insurance sector and benefits from customer confidence
- His Big Data management make Confused an ideal partner for a comparator website (many clients would be attracted)
- Except the fact that Orange is not an insurance player, they have a similar configuration and could propose interesting partnerships based on their customer knowledge
- Admiral Group is a motor insurance company based in Cardiff, which achieved a turnover of €870m (2013).
- Confused is number one in the insurance and financial services comparators in the UK.
- The UK insurance comparator market is really mature: one insurance contract out of two is subscribed through a comparison website.
- Confused, it is :
- 15 millions of quotations on motor insurance
- 1.4 millions of contracts sold for 89 insurance partners
- Its main competitors are moneysupermarket.com , gocompare.com and comparethemarket.com
- This success is extended to the Europe, especially with:
- 2009: Rastreator.com in Spain
- 2010: lelynx.fr in France. The business model is based on partnerships with large french insurers, which reward lelynx on each lead between clients and companies.