- At this early stage, Banks inform their customers about digital risks and the steps they need to follow in case of fraud
- Next steps will be to provide insurances against this type of risks, linked with banking & payment services
- Tips against banking fraud:
- Social engineering is the act of manipulating people into doing what you want. A fraudster will usually trick people into disclosing their passwords, log-in details, confidential data,etc.
- Phishing is a process used of sending out emails or messages that direct people to bogus websites or phone lines. These messages claim to be from a particular company.
- A trojan is a type of malware that is installed on any internet-enabled device. A fraudster sends an email that tries to trick people to download something or open an attachment where the Trojan is to collect confidential data.
- Money mules is the fact to use people bank account to transfer money. The mule becomes a criminal.