- Effectively launched in April 2014 after receiving regulatory clearance by the EU, Yaap is a partnership between Telefonica, Caixa Bank and Santander Bank targeting at developing globally new innovative digital services linked to mobile/digital commerce and banking
- Two products have been launched: YAAP Money (mobile P2P money transfers and payments) and YAAP SHOPPING (virtual showroom where thousands of stores can interact with hundreds of thousands of potential customers).
- Open service, available to everyone, independent of their banking entity or telecommunication operator.
- Alliance between 3 of the main players in Spain with global ambition and presence
- A specific target of YAAP SHOPPING on assisting SMEs to leverage the digital/mobile capabilities and scalability
- Recent and developing offer
- Limited to mobile payments and mobile commerce at this stage
- No mobile banking product offering yet