- Solvency II is a regulation for insurers that requires asset managers to share their most valuable asset their proprietary portfolio data with insurer clients.
- Silverfinch is a secure fund data utility that allows insurers to comply with Solvency II regulation, and enables asset managers to manage and carry out requested look-through and respond to their insurance company investors in a timely and controlled fashion.
- Silverfinch was launched in Jan 2014 by the Moneymart Group, which is a provider of data management solutions to the fund management industry, to help insurers comply with Solvency II regulation, which came into effect on 1st January 2016.
- Asset manager retains full control of permissioning
- Protects intellectual property for compliance
- Simple and cost efficient model: saves time and money in standardization
- Business development can capitalize on delivering value to clients
How to use
- Step 1 – Insurers upload their target list of funds for look through
- Automated matching of targets to listed funds
- Requests for access issued automatically
- Dashboard with status of access rights
- Step 2 – Request is reviewed and access is granted by the asset manager
- Purpose built permission management workflows
- Simple management of look through requests in real time
- Full audit trail of access rights
- Step 3 – Insurers configure and run the look through report
- Simple and quick configuration
- Inputs: report name, funds in scope (selected from target list) and data effective date
- Instant download in pipe delimited csv or XML format