- Smartly is a robo-advisory platform that allows the average individual to invest and grow their wealth starting with as little as $50, and promises to be more than an algorithm-based automated platform, providing users with financial education and greater transparency.
- Set to launch in Singapore in July 2016, Smartly is targeting to achieve a total of SGD 5 million worth of assets under management (AUM) by the end of 2016.
- Robo-advisory is still relatively novel in the Southeast Asian region, and Smartly strives to be the first automated platform to launch in Singapore.
- Many people have traditionally viewed investing as complex and risky with limited transparency in investment products, along with high management fees charged by asset managers.
- Smartly targets this need by providing an automated platform that promises transparency and free financial education to their users.
- Low account minimum: Smartly allows an investor to start with an account balance with as little as SGD 50, attracting many younger investors.
- Transparent fee structure: Smartly charges only 1% per year if an individual maintains an AUM under SGD10,000, 0.7% per year for a minimum balance of SGD10,000, and 0.5% for SGD100,000 and up. There are no hidden fees.
- Education: Smartly strives to provide the average individual investment knowledge through providing short animated videos that can be viewed on-the-go.
- Global diversification: Smartly diversifies an individual’s portfolio among various asset classes and across thousands of publicly traded companies globally to reduce the impact of unexpected local downturns.
How it works
Video illustration of Smartly