- Circle is a free peer-to-peer payments technology company enabling greater ease-of-use for online and in-person payments, enhanced security and privacy for customers, and the convenience of free, instant, global digital money transfers.
- Circle allows you to send and receive money – as well as make payments to anyone anywhere in the world – with zero fees.
- You can also add money and cash out with no fees when you use a linked debit card or linked bank account.
- Circle is handy because it allows you to not only store money but also do things like easily split rent or a bar tab or pizza with friends.
- Accessible: Circle is accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Travel between dollars, UK pounds and euros at the best rates with no fees.
- Ease-of-Use: Sign up with just your email or phone number, and snap a pic of your debit card to pay and get paid instantly.
- Secure: Circle provides TouchID, PIN lock, and two-factor authentication to keep its users money sage. The app also has third-party security firms performing regular cyber security audits. Deposits held in US dollars are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.00
How to use
- Download the Circle app for iOS of Android or sign up online. When the app opens, the main screen will show three tabs at the top: Send, Messages, and Request.
- Use the Send screen to enter an amount to send to someone and then allow Circle to access list of contacts. Able to send money to any email or phone number and specify what the money is for, include a comment, GIF, or image, and then send.
- First time users will be asked to add a debit card to send money, after that it will be instant.
- Use the Messages screen to see a list of payments as well as access other Circle features like Add Money, Cash Out, Transactions, Friends, and Settings.
- The Request screen allows for selection of a contact from your device (or enter an email), then specify the amount to ask from that person, and then submit the request.
- Two to five day grace period between Cashing Out and transferring money from Circle wallet to the users bank account.