- Nubank, a financial services startup based in Brazil, offers customers a no-fee, low-interest credit card that customers can manage with their iOS and Android devices.
- The company used AWS to build, deploy and run its credit card processing platform on which customers can track and control their purchases.
- By using AWS, Nubank developed its credit card processing platform in only seven months and can add features with ease.
- Transparency/Convenience: Customers can see in detail what they are paying for – IOF, exchange rate and installments. Nubank Mastercard: accepted in over 30 million establishments worldwide
- Security: One-Touch protection allows consumers to lock and un-lock their card right from the app, without calling anyone.
- Paper-less: The card is the only material Nubank will send.
How To Use
- Register online by filling out the short waiting list form including name, CPF, and email
- From the name and cpf, Nubank collects data from thousands of market sources, all related to customer specific consumption history, credit, and payments
- Potential customers are grouped into hundreds of different profiles which are then classified into three different groups:
- Green: profiles here receive an invitation within a week
- Yellow: profiles here may receive an invitation within 90 days, depending on outcome of tests
- Red: profiles here will not receive an invitation but may request re-analysis after 6 months
*in Portuguese with English subtitles